The following outcomes are consistent with Overall Aims no's 1 – 4.
Students should be able to:
- Follow workplace instructions.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Follow workplace practices and procedures.
- Be punctual.
- Dress appropriately for the workplace.
- Use time effectively.
- Use oral and or written communication skills applicable in a variety of work contexts.
- Use interpersonal skills appropriate to communicating with co-workers, supervisors, management and clients.
- Reflect on and evaluate their personal strengths, weaknesses and capabilities.
- Appraise personal contribution as a participant in the workplace.
- Assess their personal suitability as a participant in a particular workplace / career path.
Students will be responsible for negotiating their own work experience placements with assistance from the Careers Adviser. A database containing previous work experience contacts has been produced and is available for student use.
The Career Adviser and other nominated members of staff will be responsible for the administration and organisation of work experience. Year 10 teachers will be responsible for work experience supervision in lieu of classroom activities at the time of work experience.
Work experience during 2007 will consist of the following:
- Year 9 students, optional - for periods of up to 1 week during Terms 2-4.
- Year 10 students, one optional week, during Term 4 with another 1-week variable option during Terms 1-3 determined on a case by case basis. Administrative procedures will be finalised by the end of Term 1. Work placement records to be submitted at least two weeks before the intended placement.
- Year 11 & 12 students, optional - for periods up to one week during Terms 1-3 (Year 11) or Terms 1-2 (Year 12).
The school will provide a Work Experience booklet which will include student, employer and parent reaction / evaluation forms. YR10 WE.ppt
Assessment guidelines and indicators of success:
Success of the program will be indicated by:
- Parent, student comments
- Student work experience booklets
- Employer evaluation report
- Supervising teacher evaluation report
- Q & A sessions during class time.
In addition the Careers Adviser will attend all parent teacher nights allocated during the year.