Seminars, information days and excursions will include organisations and personnel that reflect the information obtained from student interviews. The outcomes are consistent with Overall Aims no's 1 & 4. Risk assessments to be completed.
Students will be able to:
- Examine and explore vocation interests
- Receive assistance and support in the preparation of scholarship, cadetship and university special entry schemes
- Discuss other career issues of relevance.
Seminars and excursions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Tertiary information day
- Careers markets
- UTS engineering information day
- University campus visits
- Specialist career information days, e.g. nursing, Medicine, IT etc.
A record of activities will be maintained and included on a ‘calendar of events' and a Careers Bulletin (possibilities for placement on school intra net will be explored).
The Career Adviser will be responsible for organising a seminar and excursions that are consistent with student needs.
The timings of seminars and excursions will be determined by relevant organisations' availability.
- Contact list.
Assessment guidelines and indicators of success
- Informal and formal student feedback
- Organisational feedback.